The terms “we”, “us”, and “our” refer to Butter Made Bath and Body, LLC DBA The Butter Made Shop (the “Company”). The term “Site” refers to www.buttermadeshop.com. The term “User,” “you” and “your” refers to site visitors, customers and any other users of the site.
Personal Identifying Information (“PII”)
PII means information about you that specifically identifies you. This includes the following types of information: your name, physical address, email address, telephone numbers, demographic information (e.g. date of birth, age, gender), payment card number, expiration date, and card verification number.
Non-Personal Identifying Information
We may collect non-personal identifiable information (“NII”) about Users whenever they interact with this Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
How We Collect Your Information
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- Advertising and remarketing tools - we use Facebook pixels for remarketing and advertising. In order for this to happen, Facebook technology ("pixels") that is activated when a visitor lands on a web page and a unique "cookie" is placed in their browser.
We also collect personal identification information from Users when Users visit our site, register on the site, subscribe to the newsletter, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, a name and an email address.
Communication Through Comments
We follow the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). Our website is not designed for use by anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect PII from a child under the age of 13. Please contact us if your child has provided personal information to us and we will delete the information. If we discover on our own that a child under 18 has been accessing our website, we will delete this information soon after we discover it.
How We Use Collected Information
We will use this information to:
- operate, maintain and improve the Site and our services;
- provide you with interest-based communication, offers, and promotions for products and services from us;
- process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- perform analytics and conduct consumer research;
- send you reminders, security alerts, technical notices, updates, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, marketing messages, and requested information; and
- provide news and information we think will be of interest to you.
Business Transfers or Company Changes
The Company reserves the right to disclose, transfer, or license any and all information related to the Site, including PII, to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of one or more of the Sites or any portion or operation related to part of one or more of the Sites; or in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, or restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our interest and/or assets or other corporate change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
How We Protect Your Information
We adopt appropriate and industry-standard encryption data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. However, no method is transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
While the Company makes every effort to protect your personal information shared through www.buttermadeshop.com, you acknowledge that the personal information you voluntarily share through www.buttermadeshop.com could be accessed or tampered with by a third party. You agree that The Butter Made Shop is not responsible for any intercepted information shared through www.buttermadeshop.com without its knowledge and permission. Additionally, you release The Butter Made Shop from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of such intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others for marketing purposes. We may need to provide your PII to vendors, business partners, and trusted affiliates under the following who provide services with regards to our website or with whom we jointly offer products and services. Such partners and affiliates include, but are not limited to: email service providers, database or website managers, payment processors and platforms, shipping companies, and the United States Postal Service.
We may be legally required to disclose your PII if such disclosure is (a) required by subpoena, law, or other legal process; (b) necessary to assist law enforcement officials or government enforcement agencies; (c) necessary to investigate violations of our Terms and Conditions; (d) necessary to combat fraud or criminal activity, to protect our rights or those of our affiliates, users, and business partners; (e) necessary to protect us from legal action or claims from third parties, including you and/or other visitors; and (f) necessary to protect the legal rights, personal/real property, or personal safety of our company, users and employees.
Third Party Websites
Third Party Vendors
In the process of collecting your information, communicating with you and using your information to better serve your needs and interest, The Butter Made Shop uses shares some or all of your information with these third party vendors: Drip (email marketing) and Zapier (platform integration).
Managing Your Personal Information
You can access, update and delete your PII you provided to us or by managing this information through an online account (if you have one) or by sending us an email at email@example.com. You may choose not to receive e-mails from us by following the instructions contained in any of the e-mails we send or through the unsubscribe link at the footer of all e-mail communications. We manage e-mail lists through a list management system. Unsubscribing from one list managed by us will not necessarily remove you from all publication email lists. We may still e-mail you non-commercial emails related to your account and your transactions on the Site.
We will retain your PII for as long as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. Your information may be retained in electronic form, paper form, or a combination of both. When your information is no longer needed, we will destroy, delete, or erase it. If you have questions or are experiencing problems unsubscribing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
As of March 25, 2018 under the General Digital Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) residents and those accessing this website using IP addresses associated with servers located within European Union Member Countries have the following rights with respect to their personal information:
- The right to have their personal identifying information removed from our servers.
- The right to withdraw prior consent to have your personal identifying information stored.
- The right to request access to your personal identifying information.
- The right to object to the storing of your personal information on the grounds of your personal situation.
- The right to rectify any of your personal information that is stored on our servers.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
In addition to the rights stated above; the following information is relevant to EU residents and those using IP addresses associated with servers that exist within the EU:
- Your data will be stored for as long as The Butter Made Shop is in business.
- There is currently no contract or statute that requires The Butter Made shop provide your personal data to a third party.
- There are no automated decision-making that relates to contractual or legal rights.
Updated July 22, 2019